Thursday, May 21, 2009

Yay Daniel!!!!

Yesterday, I got pulled over for not having brake lights. I was on my way to meet my mother and aunt for lunch when I saw the officer pull behind me. I hoped that he just pulled in behind me at the stop light but when he changed lanes behind me, I knew I was getting ready to be stopped. I was certain that I was not going over the speed limit. Anyway, he told me I didn't have brake lights and gave me a warning. He said I could go ahead and continue to where I was headed but I didn't want to take a chance of getting stopped again.

I thought for sure that it was a fuse or bulb, so when I got home I checked the fuses. No luck. They were all fine. My father came over and checked bulbs and they were fine also. That's when I really started to worry. I didn't want to have to take it in to a shop. When my husband got home he started tinkering around with the easy things first. Again, nothing worked. So he went online and searched for what it could be. It's amazing the useful things you can find on the Internet. I know that's probably a stupid thing to say. But it really does amaze me sometimes.

He worked until 11pm last night trying to figure out what would make the lights work again. He replace a brake switch and that made the brake lights come back on, but the blinkers wouldn't work. Finally, he decided to turn in for the night and pick it back up today. He replaced some other part in the steering wheel this evening and low and behold, it worked!!! Now he's working to put all the parts back together.

I am truly amazed and so proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment