Monday, June 29, 2009

Silent Auction Success

Yesterday Daniel's scout troop held their second semi-annual Court of Honor. This is a ceremony to celebrate and recognize all the boys' hard work and advancement. We also honored some of the adult leaders at this time as well. In conjunction with the Court of Honor, we held a silent auction to raise funds for the troop. I was in charge of organizing the auction. I'd never set up something like this before and I was a little worried while I was working on it. We got some amazing donations from the some of the parents and the companies where they work. We had about 40 items ranging from a $500 chair to homemade cookies. It went off really well and all but two items got bids. We raised over $800 for the troop. I feel like this is a GREAT success.

No comments:

Post a Comment