Friday, April 30, 2010

Show Us Your Money Saving Tips- $20 Gym Memberships

I'm posted about this in the past but I think it such a great idea that I just had to link it up to Kelly's Korner- Show Us Your Life series.

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner


Last fall when I made the decision to start a weight loss program and work on getting fit, I started looking into gym options. I don't know about you but I don't like the idea of getting stuck in a gym contract and after hearing some of the horror stories about the contracts from some friends I knew that was something I didn't want. My sister-in-law was using the gym at one of the local youth centers and it had everything she was looking for, so I decided to give it a try. The great thing about it was it only cost about $20 for a membership. That's all. No monthly fee. No contract. Now I will say this if you are looking for the personal trainer experience, you're probably not going to get that at a youth center. However, it had all the equipment I was interested in using. Most of the centers in my area offer workout classes for a small fee in addition to the gym equipment. So if you're looking for a place to get that workout in but you're like me and you hate the contracts and high prices, check out your local youth centers and activity centers.

No comments:

Post a Comment