Friday, October 23, 2009

Show Us Your Fall Decorations

I'm participating in the Show Us Your Fall Decorations party hosted by Kelly's Korner today. I've posted about this in the past but thought I would put it all together again today. I love these parties. Its great to see everyone's decorating ideas.

I love this time of year. Fall is hands down my favorite season. I love everything about it. I also love the Christmas season but my favorite decorations are during fall. Like I've said before I'm definitely one of those people who decorates around the seasons. Most of my decor items change with the seasons.

This is how I decorate the ledge in my entry way for fall. This is one of my favorite place to change for the seasons. I put up my fall decorations after labor day (if I can wait that long). October 1st is when the Halloween decorations go up. I use a lot of the same decorations for fall and Halloween.


This is a tree we put up for Halloween. It's made from black poster board. I really like how it turned out this year.



Here's my mantle for Halloween. I made the spider web from black vinyl you can buy for the Cricut machine. I replaced my normal garland with a black feather boa. The pictures are made from scrapbook paper and I found the images on clipart.

We have a tradition of carving pumpkins with the family a couple of weeks prior to Halloween. We got together last week to carve pumpkins and had so much fun. I will hopefully get some pictures to post soon. I didn't carve this year. Instead, I painted my pumpkins. I'm really happy with how they turned out. So check back for those.

I hope you all enjoyed seeing my Halloween decorations. Happy Fall!!!

6 comments:

  1. I came over from Kelly's blog - just wanted to say, LOVE the black tree! Great decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, really came together. The tree is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black boa! What an original idea!! And your black tree is just too cute! You did a very nice job! I too love fall decorating. I love the colors and the smells and the baking and the cooler weather! I love it all... Thanks for sharing your wonderful decor! -April

    ReplyDelete