Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!!!

Today is Christmas and it's been a wonderful day. My family exchanges gifts on Christmas Eve rather than on Christmas day. We have always done it this way. It really works out now that I'm married. We are able to fit everyone in and still have some time just to ourselves on Christmas. So last night we started with the In-laws. It was great. I am so blessed to have such wonderful in-laws. After having an amazing dinner with my husband's side of the family, we headed over to my side of the family. Things are always a little crazy with them but I still love them. We have a good time visiting and exchanging gifts and playing games. It's always incredibly loud but I'm used to it. I'm not sure if the husband is yet but he fits in pretty good.

It started snowing/sleeting about 6pm so we had to change our plans a little. We were really hoping to attend our church's 10pm Candlelight service but the roads were getting a little treacherous and we opted to drive home rather than chance it. I was so looking forward to this service. Its a wonderful time of worship and singing. I hope to make it a family tradition.

Daniel and I don't have children yet but we talked a lot last night about how we would do Christmas when we do have kids. We are completely on the same page with how we plan on raising children. We just hope that we are able to teach our future children about the true meaning of Christmas and the greatest gift of all, Jesus Christ.

I hope everyone out there has had an amazing Christmas.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment