Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Wow!! It's been almosts 2 years!

So I've decided to start blogging again. It's been almost 2 years since I've posted anything. I realized that I never finished my posts on our Ireland trip so I guess I should close that out eventually. There's a lot of catching up to do.

Twenty-twelve was a big, big year in the Worthy House.



We were blessed with a baby in 2012. Lillian was born on April 12th.

I can't believe that she's already a year old. Time just goes too fast.


After having Lily, I left my job to become a stay at home mom. It's one of the best decisions I've ever made. I have absolutely love being home with Lily and I'm so lucky to have the opportunity. I really struggled with leaving my job. I had worked since I was 16 years old. So, it was odd to think that I would not have a job and be contributing to the family income. After a year of being home, I have to say, I think I work harder at home than I ever did in any job. But, this is absolutely the greatest "job" ever.

More about all that later.

 


In addition to writing about my life with my family, I hope to post about all the new recipes I've been trying lately. We have started trying to really limit the amount of red meats we are eating and incorporating more fish and veggies in our diets. I love looking on Pinterest for meal ideas and I have tried several new recipes that have been big hits. I have to eat dairy free for my sweet girl and that has sometimes been a challenge. She has a cow's milk allergy and I'm still nursing. Daniel as gotten pretty used to never having cheese in the house these days. It hasn't been as difficult as I had initially thought it would be. I've been eating dairy free since Lillian was 4 months old. Daniel asked me the other day what I missed most and I couldn't really think of something I missed. I guess I miss the convenience more than anything. However, it has gotten pretty easy to find dairy-free alternatives these days, even at Walmart or Target. I really only go to the natural food store in town for yogurt for Lily. I can get everything else I need at my local grocery store. I'm hoping they will respond to my request to start carrying either a soy yogurt or coconut milk yogurt. I guess I could just make my own. I haven't tried that yet.

I'm looking forward to reconnecting with the blog world and hopefully if I have any readers out there, you all will enjoy a little look into life at the Worthy House.

No comments:

Post a Comment