Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Weekend Review

We had a super busy weekend. Well, actually it was really only Saturday that was busy. Daniel and I got up early Saturday and drove the two hours to Branson Missouri. There is a theme park there called Silver Dollar City and the company my dad and brother work for gave free tickets to all their employees. Since my brother didn't want to go, he gave his tickets to Daniel and me.

This is a photo of my brother and me. He is almost two years younger but everyone thinks he's older. I'm guessing it's because of the premature baldness. He usually wears a ball cap and it was like pulling teeth to get him to take it off for the family photos last spring.

After spending most of the day walking around and window shopping at the many shops in the park, we decided to head home. On the way we stopped at one of the outlet malls in Branson. There is a Coleman outlet there and Daniel loves to shop for camping gear. He's getting ready to head to scout camp with his scout troop for a week and wanted to look for last minute supplies. When we got home we took a short nap and then headed over to Daniel's brother's house. We met up with them and headed out to the drive-in theatre. The new Pixar movie "Up" was showing along with "The Hannah Montana Movie." We only stayed for "Up." It was great. There were some really sad moments but overall I thought it had a good lesson and story. There were some incredibly funny moments. I really enjoyed the movie but it is not my favorite Pixar movie. I am a big fan of Pixar and look forward to the movies to come from them.

Sunday was a relaxing day. We stayed at home for most of the day and did some very much needed cleaning. We went back to Daniel's brother's house for dinner. It was wonderful. He made ribs and they were great.

So far this week has been pretty low key for me. I'm job searching and so far not coming up with much. Yesterday I spent most of the day going around to local businesses asking for donations for the scout troop's upcoming silent auction. Hopefully some of the business owners will call me back with donations. We'll see what today holds. I am looking forward to having lunch with a good friend I haven't seen in a while today. So until then, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment