Sunday, June 14, 2009

You've got to be kidding.

About a month ago, my husband comes in from work and asks me if I know what happened to our landscaping lamps that were lining our sidewalk. I told him I didn't know what he was talking about and we walked out to find the majority of them broken into pieces. We assumed that some kid decided he/she thought it would be fun to take a baseball bat to them or something like that. There were two that were still intact so instead of removing them we just left them where they were. We rarely turn on the porch lights so it was good to have them there to see the sidewalk in case anyone came for a visit. I'm thinking now we should have moved them.

Well tonight I found out who really broke them. I was sitting on my couch reading when I heard a noise I didn't recognize so I went and looked out the front door. I found the two kids from next door playing with them in the street. They are about 3 and 4 years old. The little boy was throwing the top portion around like it was a Frisbee. There were adults sitting there watching them playing with them in the street. Most kids play in the street in our neighborhood. There is little traffic. Anyway, as soon as I walk out of the house they run back to their yard. I started picking up the pieces and the little girl walked up to me and said, "Lady, I'm sorry." What else was I supposed to say except it's okay. Then they started picking up the pieces I missed. It was sweet except for the fact I was seriously angry about them being broken and the adults just letting them do it. I'm not sure what to do about the whole thing. The lamps weren't really worth a great deal. For me it's more the principle of the entire matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment