Thursday, September 24, 2009

More Halloween Fun

I've started my mantle for Halloween. I've had a little extra time on my hands the past couple of days and figured I might as well do something productive.

Here's what I've got so far.
I used two black feather boas for the "garland" across the mantle. I made the topiary that is up there and tied a black ribbon around it. The skeleton man is something I picked up from Kirkland's a while back and the candles are the same one I use for fall and Thanksgiving. I love reusing items from season to season. Lets me spend that money else where.




Here's a close up of the topiary.


This is the spider web I created out of the vinyl I had from an earlier project. Its the vinyl that you can buy to use with the Cricket machine. I bought this a while back to cut out some letters for a phrase I put up in my sewing room. I had extra and that this would been kind of cute. I found the spider at Hobby Lobby for $.99.

I have a couple of projects that I'm still working on to complete the mantle but I'm happy with it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment