Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Graffiti :(

So tonight my husband and I did much need yard work. After almost a full two weeks of nothing but rain, our back yard looked like a jungle. My husband looked out the window on Sunday, turned to me and said, "If our backyard had a theme song, it would be 'Welcome to the Jungle'." I hate to admit it but he was absolutely right.

While mowing the front yard, Daniel, my husband, came in and asked me to come out and look at something. I walked out to the curb next to our drive-way and looked down. There on the side of the curb was three letters spray painted in blue spray paint. Graffiti. Why some people think it's cool to vandalize other people's property, I will never understand. Now I don't necessarily think there is too much to be worried about, but seeing as I am a worrier I suggested we report it to the police department. Daniel called and they sent an officer out to take a report. I'm sure nothing will come of it but I would rather be safe.

Other than this small downer, today was great. It was a beautiful day and I feel like we got a lot accomplished. We mowed the lawn. When I say we I really mean Daniel. While he mowed, I worked in the flower bed in front of our house. I'm hoping the plants survive. My record with plants isn't the greatest. I think more have died under my watch than lived. I took down my seasonal decorations and replaced them with my summer decorations. I know it's a little early but I usually change on Memorial Day. I'll post pictures tomorrow when I finish. I really love changing out the decorations. I've never liked for things to stay the same all the time. Growing up I would rearrange my bedroom at least 3 times a year. I get bored with things if they stay the same all year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment