Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Is it really Tuesday? I can't keep up anymore!

I'm so lost on what day it is today. I thought yesterday was Saturday all day long. Today feels like Monday.

I had a busy weekend. My mother has a doctor's appointment on Friday with a neurosurgeon and since they were going to be closer to my dad's family's house than theirs, they decide to go visit for the weekend. My husband and I decided to go along as well. It had been almost a year since we had seen most of them and there was a new baby we were excited about visiting as well. It was really great getting to see everyone. The kids had grown so much. However, seeing as it is a good 5 hours away it made for a long drive home on Sunday. I slept most of the way though so the trip passed fairly quickly for me. My husband napped when we got home and we were both pretty useless for the rest of the evening. We spent most of Memorial day cleaning the garage and attic and organizing our junk. We are both pack rats. It's pretty bad. I really have no idea what we are going to do when we have children. If you have any great space saving or organization tips I would love to hear them.

While I love visiting family, I'm always glad to be home. Even though it was a rather short trip, it took a lot out of me. It always feels so good to sleep in your own bed.

The next couple of weeks are stressful ones. First, I should find out my Praxis II scores this week. This is one of the tests required to become a certified teacher. I'm hoping to get certified to teach secondary life sciences. I have to take two different content tests, biology and earth science. I'm praying that I passed. See, I'm applying to a non-traditional program and if I don't pass both tests I will miss the deadline to apply to this year's program. If I miss the deadline, I will have to wait another full year to apply. I'm really hoping I passed those tests.

Secondly, my mother is having to undergo spinal surgery next week to correct a bulged disc in her neck. The surgeon says that its a fairly simple surgery and he has done thousands like this in the past. While that's good to know, I'm still concerned and worried. There's something about cutting near the spinal cord that causes a bit of apprehension. She's stressed out about it and I'm trying to calm some of her fears. If you could keep her in your prayers, I would really appreciate it.

Well, here's to Tuesday. Tomorrow's hump day and that means only a few days until the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment