Sunday, May 17, 2009

Recovering after camping with the boys

Last night was Scout Night with the NWA Naturals. This is my husband and me watching the game. For the past two weeks it has done nothing but rain in NWA Arkansas. Finally a couple of days ago the rain let up. However, a cold front had come through and the weather was unseasonabley cool. Luckily, the ballpark was having a promotion night and they gave everyone a free fleece blanket. I don't know what I would have that blanket.

Daniel and I were the only ones who actually watched the ballgame. The boys spent most of the time running around and playing on those inflatable bouncy things. They all had a really great time and it was a fun change from the normal camp outs.

My husband loves working with the scouts. He has such a great time with the boys. I'm pretty sure its because he is still a boy at heart. I have no idea what he was laughing at in this picture but I felt that it really caught the moment. I'm sure one of the boys was doing something completely ridiculous.
Here I am freezing my toes off. I was just about to turn in for the night. After the game, everyone got to camp out in the outfield. They showed a movie on the big screen and everyone watched from their tents. Of course it was way past my bedtime and I had been surrounded by 10 boys who were hyped up on sugar and caffeine so I was exhausted.
This is a picutre some of the tents set up on the field. There were Boy Scout, Cub Scout, and Girl Scout troops from the area camping out.
And finally, my husband getting ready to take our stuff out to the van. I was tempted to see just how much he could tote.

No comments:

Post a Comment