Friday, August 14, 2009

Fall, could you please hurry?!

I can't begin to tell you how much I LOVE fall. I love everything about it: the smells, the tastes, the colors.

Moreover, I can't tell you how hard it has been for me to not get down the fall decorations. I am definitely one who decorates for the seasons and fall happens to be my FAVORITE season. I can't wait. I know it's still going to feel like summer for the next couple of months here in Arkansas but I don't care.

My seasonal decorating schedule usually goes something like this:

Summer- Memorial Day thru Labor Day

Fall- Labor Day thru Thanksgiving ( I decorate for harvest until October then the Halloween decorations go up. Come November the Halloween stuff gets put away and Thanksgiving comes out.)

Winter/Christmas- the day after Thanksgiving thru March (I put Christmas up after Thanksgiving and after the New Year I change everything up a bit. I put the Santas and those things away and leave up the evergreen wintry things. Come February I decorate for Valentine's Day. It uses a lot of the red things I use for Christmas just used differently.)

Spring- March thru May with Easter in there as well.

A lot and I mean a lot of my decorations are used for two or more seasons. I just use them in different ways. I love items that can be used over and over and look different every season. It makes the non-existent decorating budget go that much farther.

Now I know Labor day is only a few weeks away but I'm not sure I'm going to make it. The temperatures here have been a little below average lately and it's making me giddy. The weatherman says they will go back up and I'm sure they will. Here in Arkansas the saying goes,"If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes. It will change." Its totally true, too.

My husband probably hates this time of year because it usually means A LOT of trips up into the attic.

So today I broke down and brought out the fall scent wall plugs. I figure this may hold me off for a couple more weeks.

I'm currently using these:


I use this brand year round. I love switching the scents out for the seasons also. All summer I used the Lilac scent. Today I switched them out for the Spiced Cider. Love it. I stocked up on these last year and only have one box left. Looks like I'm going to have to do some scent shopping soon. I think I may change what I use though and try these:



I hope they come in the wall plugs.

This scent is amazing. I went into our local Yankee candle store last week and fell in love with this scent.

What is your favorite season?

No comments:

Post a Comment