Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Favorite Recipe Blog Hop

I found this recipe on the weight watchers website a while back and I make it at least a couple time a month. My husband and I love Chinese food but I'm pretty picky about the Chinese restaurants I eat at. That comes from being a health inspector for two years and knowing about all the restaurants around us. Anyway, I found this recipe for General's Chicken and fell in love with it. Plus it's a weight watchers so it's pretty healthy.

Here's the recipe:

boneless, skinless chicken breasts- cut into small pieces
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tsp peanut oil
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 med garlic cloves, minced
2 cups white rice
1/2 tsp pepper flakes

Heat oil. Add pepper flakes and garlic. Add chicken and cook through.
While chicken is cooking, mix together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger. Set aside until chicken is cooked.
Once chicken is cooked, add sauce and let simmer. The sauce will thicken up. Be sure to stir occasionally.
Cook rice according to package directions. I start this before I prep the chicken and sauce. The rice usually takes about 20 minutes and the chicken only takes about 10 minutes to cook.

This is what I'm making tonight and I can't wait. It's one of my husband's favorites and I know he can not wait for it.

Enjoy!


MckLinky Blog Hop

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try this one! I have been experimenting with all kinds of recipes for General's Chicken to get to taste similar to the restaurants, but without frying the chicken. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete