Friday, July 24, 2009

Show Us Your Life- Wedding Dress



I posted some photos of my wedding dress a last week or so but I LOVED our wedding photos so I'm using this opportunity to share more.

My dress came with cap sleeves but I didn't like them so I had them removed. It was much nicer without them. There was quite a bit of beading on the top part of the dress. When I started looking for my wedding dress, I wanted one with no train and little beading. I wanted something very simple. Or so I thought. When I actually started trying dresses on I noticed I was moving more toward something with a little more detail. I had decided on a completely different dress before I picked this one. I went dress shopping outside of my hometown with my bridesmaids and found a beautiful dress. I wanted to show it to my mom before I committed to it. When I went into the dress shop with my mom I found this dress and fell in love with it. I made my decision quickly. I tried on both for my mom and Daniel's mom and they loved both as well. My MIL Vivian asked me which I like better and I said without a seconds thought that I wanted this dress.


Here's the back of the dress. I knew I wanted a pick-up skirt on the dress years before I actually bought the dress.


Here's a pictures of Daniel's family.


And here's my family.

I've decided that I'm going to use my wedding dress to create a christening gown for our children when we decide to have them. I'm really excited about the idea of this. It's a little sad to think about cutting up my wedding gown but it will be put to a good use. I can't see any reason not to do something like this with the dress. I hate the idea of it just sitting in a box stored away somewhere.

Hope you enjoyed the tour of my wedding dress. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment